Good neighbours? You can rely on us!
Landowners who provide us with easements are key partners for Gas Connect Austria. Safety is an issue not just during construction but also during ongoing operation of pipelines. The rights and duties of our “neighbours” are set out in separate contracts with landowners. Gas Connect Austria currently manages around 18,000 of these agreements.
The key points in a nutshell
- Normal farming work does not compromise pipeline safety.
- Gas Connect Austria provides supervision free of charge for groundwork or excavations that go beyond normal agricultural activities, and bears the cost of any additional precautions.
- Buildings are not permitted in designated easement strips.
- Trees, or strong or deep rooted plants must not be planted in the defined right-of-way-strip left and right of the pipeline.
- Other works within the easement strip which compromise or could endanger the integrity of the pipeline require the approval of Gas Connect Austria.
Before laying a pipeline we carefully remove the humus layer in the easement strip, and then relay it over the finished pipeline?