Pilot phase 2018/2019
The Trading Region Upgrade Service (TRU) is a new and specially designed service to connect the Austrian and the Czech gas markets. The service is provided by the Austrian and the Czech Transmission System Operators Gas Connect Austria and NET4GAS.
As of 01 October 2018, 06:00 CE(S)T, TRU entitles network users, who have succeeded in the TRU auction, to send an exit nomination from the Austrian Market Area East which is immediately matched with entry into the Czech market area, and vice versa.
Within the scope of the 1-year pilot phase, the TRU service has been offered first as a yearly service with a quantity of 112,686 kWh/h out of which 90,000 kWh/h has been sold in the direction from the Czech Republic to Austria.
Following this, the TRU service has been offered in form of quarterly auctions. In the 1st quarterly auction, a quantity of 22,000 kWh/h was sold from the Czech Republic to Austria for the second and third quarter of 2019.
Gas Connect Austria and NET4GAS will offer the TRU service quantity as a monthly service during the remaining pilot phase in the auctions in line with the following auction calendar:
|Product||Duration||Bidding window start||Bidding window end|
|Monthly||August 19||8.7.2019 9:00||15.7.2019 12:00|
|Monthly||September 19||12.8.2019 9:00||19.8.2019 12:00|
As of 31 October 2018 Gas Connect Austria and NET4GAS offer the TRU service additionally on day-ahead basis via the PRISMA platform.
What are the benefits for TRU customers?
- TRU facilitates cross-border transmission and access to both market areas
- TRU simplifies transactions, i.a. through establishing a One Stop Shop
- TRU reduces transaction costs
- TRU increases trading flexibility
- TRU mitigates potential risks as regards capacities and allocation by the combination of necessary separate capacities into one booking procedure
How to take part in the TRU monthly auction?
For the direction AT → CZ
- TRU in the direction from the Austria to the Czech Republic is marketed by Gas Connect Austria.
- Signed Frame Capacity Contract with Gas Connect Austria is a precondition to participate in the TRU auction.
- The TRU “Offer conditions & bid form for TRU auction” for the monthly auction can be found here.
- Multiple bids (up to ten per monthly auction) can be placed within one bidding form.
- The bidding window and offered quantity are specified in the “Offer conditions & bid form for TRU auction” that shall be completed, signed and sent to:
Gas Connect Austria GmbH
Attn: Aleksandar Savic
Department: Sales Transmission & Distribution
Floridsdorfer Hauptstraße 1
For further details on TRU monthly auction procedure, please, see the Announcement of the TRU auction.
How to take part in the TRU day-ahead auction on PRISMA?
For the direction AT → CZ
- Ensure that you are an activated network user, i.e. able to participate in auctions of Gas Connect Austria at PRISMA platform.
- Please note that for participating in day-ahead acutions a "Full Access" is required.
- Choose the network point name "TRU AT -> CZ".
Specific information on the TRU day-ahead auction can be found here.
Further general information on the TRU service are available in the TRU Information Sheet (issued before the yearly auction).
For the direction CZ → AT
TRU in the direction from the Czech Republic to Austria is marketed by NET4GAS. Detailed information can be found here.
Please be informed that for the purpose of fulfilling reporting obligations, in particular according to paragraph 14 number 2 of the Austrian gas monitoring ordinance 2017 ("Gas-Monitoring-Verordnung 2017), in case of TRU usage you are kindly requested to use the Baumgarten WAG point.
For any other questions you may have about TRU service and the auction procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us or NET4GAS:
Client & Contract Management team
+ 420 220 224 584
+ 420 220 225 329
+ 420 220 225 350
+ 420 220 225 370
- Aleksandar Savic
- International & Government Relation
- Floridsdorfer Hauptstraße 1
- 1210 Vienna
- + 43 (1) 27500-88102
- + 43 (1) 27500-88291